Sunday, July 15, 2007

Irritating Headlights!


I ride a bike and wear a helmet with visor. One of the most irritating things I encounter while on the roads is the high beam headlights of motorists in the nights. Most vehicles that I encounter in the roads in the city use high beam headlights which are actually meant for the highways. When the light from these headlights falls on the glass visor of the helmet, it spreads all over the glass surface and the glare is so much that one has to close his eyes till the vehicle from the opposite direction has past. Even if one manages to keep the eyes open, it is hardly useful as one cannot see anything in the road except the light beams. This forces one to slow down considerably in order to avoid an accident. Since such a thing keeps happening, it is highly irritating. I am sure a lot many accidents in the night would've been caused by such things.

Cars and two wheelers are equally guilty of using high beam headlights in the city. Apparently, motorists in India need to be educated in driving etiquettes such as this and others like lane changing. I hope that atleast the few readers of this blog will keep these things in mind and make the life of bikers and drivers in the generally bad Indian roads a little easier!

2 comments:

Shubham Bhardwaj said...

Totally agree with u on this vinodh....have been facing some of the worst traffic in hyderabad so I can well understand your issues.....

Fighter Jet said...

Well..very common problem....even I have faced similar situation in Pune and Noida.I generally keep the beams of headlight low,at night,even if others are not...but sometiem i get irritated by incoming drivers not doing the same,so i intentionally make it glare at his face!And of course add my my heartfelt curse for the wretched fellow!