Saturday, March 11, 2006

Got my summers!

Finally I've got a company for my summers. I'll be doing my summer internship in ICRA online. Its a big relief that I've finally managed to get selected by some company! I'll be located in Mumbai for the duration of the project.The company is launching a new product which is some kind of a series of reports about the mutual fund industry.I'll be trying to sell this product to potential customers whom I presume will be Mutual fund houses,brokerage houses,etc.There are two ways to look at this:

1. Negative-
Its a bloody salesman job.I'll be roaming all around Mumbai in the peak of the summer in crowded local trains and dusty roads.I can't even be at home in chennai during the summer.

2. Positive-
Hey, i never looked at myself as someone who could be a good marketeer or salesman.But the company thought I could be! It means that I possibly have some capabilities which i had not realised before .Roaming all around Mumbai and trying to sell to people will be a good experience.I'll get to know the city well and more importantly i would get to know people well.I may not get such a good opportunity again.I am now forced to do what I've feared and hated doing-travelling and selling. I am sure at the end of those 2 months I will be much better off.I'll be more mature and I'll be more employable.

I look at my summer internship assignment in the second way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats boss....

Unknown said...

@ Dildar
Thanks a lot mate :)

Anonymous said...

Vinodh!!! This is Siddharth from Vizag!!!! Is it really you????? please please please reply!!!!!!! My friend D. Vinodh Kannan was from Vizag too... His birthday was on December 10th too... So, I have a feeling its you..... My email id is frnd4eons@yahoo.com or nsidd75@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

oh yeah and just a reminder that my old email was sidvee_2kbjp@hotmail.com....

Anonymous said...

Well buddy, when I knew you six years before, you were impeccable in your language, your presentation. Now, I think you have surpassed yourself. You have become Vinodh Kannan Squared!

Rohan Shah said...

Congrats for your summers..

we would soon meet as m joining NMIMS for 2006-08 batch.

Unknown said...

@Rohan
Thanks.I would be glad to meet you.

JC said...

Congrats machi, will send the pics to'nite