Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Internship starts

My internship started a few days back.The actual field work started yesterday.And I made my first sales pitch! But haven't made any sale yet though..And by the looks of it so far, there will be no sales for the next 2 months unless the company reduces the prices. Boy, its a tough job to sell something thats available from other sources free of cost!

To tell the truth, I enjoyed the day yesterday despite the fact that I had to roam around in the sun like a dog with parched throat and sweaty clothes.I had expected some bad treatment from the clients like closing the door on our faces,etc.But no such thing happened so far.All the clients treated us well and they atleast let us give a proper pitch.

For one of the clients we walked for arnd 2 kms and when we reached the address finally,we found that its his residence and not his office.Cursing our luck, we went to the office.And let me tell u, most of u (and me) could never imagine an office to be located in such a place! That too, the office of a investment planner/MF distributor. It was in a small industrial 'estate'. There were a lot of manufacturing plants, all kind s of dirty stuff was being manufactured.There was a murky looking
building with rickety stairs.A narrow corridor in the 2 nd floor. There was no flooring or paint on the walls.And of course no lighting. It looked like a scene from a Ram Gopal Varma underworld film.I wondered who the hell will have an office there..But then, there was indeed a small office there. I have no idea why anyone will have an office in such a smelly,dirty,shitty,murky place!! And that guy
is definitely not poor! He has a nice double flat for a residence. Whatever..

Today I again go out, this time to another corner of Mumbai.And I have an asshole from another institute to accompany me.Lets see how it goes..

One thing looks to be for sure.I ll probably become more considerate towards salesmen.

1 comment:

The Wacked One said...

Well good to see my friend that you have also started posting the horror stories regarding our summers... keep it up dude :-)